Monday, July 30, 2007

How to take off and land succesfully (Part 2)

During our last month in Finland we traveled quite a bit: to the summer cottage of my family, to an island in the lake Saimaa in eastern Finland, to Kuopio to meet my father and his family and as could be seen in the previous post, also to Jyväskylä to meet my mother's family. I will return to these trips with photos later, but now on with the show... take-off was getting closer.



A week before the flight there was the annual festival Tammerfest in Tampere. That was a good occasion to celebrate a little with some of our friends. We started the evening with a sauna at Rauhaniemi, one of my favorite places in Tampere, with our Spanish friend Jose (above), his girlfriend Paula (right below), Sanna (left below with Hanna, who joined us later, on her right) and of course Rocío and me. The night was long, but before we knew it we were having sauna again at Paula and Jose's place at six in the morning... A party to remember, then:) Jose and Paula were a great help to us during the last days, making them very pleasant with their company, good food that they cooked and letting us stay at their place the final night when there was no bed left to sleep in at our flat. Thank you for that, and we'll be seeing you soon here in Spain!


The Finnish girls with their blue eyes and blond hair...

...now changed to these Spanish brownies :)


This is my shoe that had seen 14 countries so far - 15 as I write. What the heck is Paula doing behind me??!

To be continued...

No comments: