Monday, July 30, 2007

How to take off and land succesfully (Part 1)

Oh man, I'm already regretting that I ever decided to write this blog... Until now I've been a little more than a week in Spain and already my computer's hard disk is crying for help due to the mountain of photos I'm pouring there every day. Poor machine and poor me - how am I ever going to make sense of all this flow of information and pass it on to you people in an understandable form? Well, seriously speaking, the first week has been wonderful and I will do my best to relate at least some part of it to you - maybe not with my clumsy words but with those aforementioned photos. But before I start with Spain, let's see how Rocío and me got here at all :)


Our apartment in Tampere almost empty except for the essential things. In the picture my things packed and ready to be sent to Spain beforehand. In the end, a little less than 1,5 cubic meters was enough for everything, and to send the cargo I used a nice small transportation company called Kulkurin Logistiikka. If you ever need flexible transportation between countries, based on my experience I can recommend this company and not the least for the personal and flexible service and affordable tariffs.


The last time in the apartment, half an hour before going to the airport, to check the mail and leave the keys for the future tenants. The last few weeks living in an almost empty flat didn't make leaving very hard, as more creature comforts were waiting ahead... but it was a funny feeling though to see the familiar places knowing that you ain't going to see them for an indefinite time.

Here we are less than two weeks before traveling saying bye to my family in Jyväskylä. Everyone else is in the picture (from left: Mikko, Silja, Eija, me and Rocío) except for the dog... who could be taking the photo?!
Ah, and here she is then, our lovely Karo (or Caro, how do you spell it?). She seems to be the only person who doesn't quite get the sense of humor of the rest of us...

To be continued...

No comments: